Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Flavor Of Love Season 2

Ok, tonight's show was a mess. I missed the first 10 minutes, but the last 50 minutes were off the hook! I've been inconsistant with my viewing of the show, but I think this season is most definitely spicier than last season. From the first show the girls were starting to throw down, apparently setting a precedent for this entire season, because there have been at least 3 or 4 physical altercations since then. I don't really care about who wins the show, I just watch 4 the drama. Once again the show has an appeal to me, though I feel like I shouldn't be watching it because it's so ghetto and sideshow freakish, the way these girls act for a chance to date a washed up, crispy Flava Flave. It's so funny because in real life, would any of these girls really fight for Flaves attention like this? But alas, let me take the show for it's face value, which is entertainment, and that it is.

The Twist
As soon as I started watching the show tonight and saw that New York from last season was on it, I new all hell was about to break loose. I figured it was a matter of time before he bought her on the show and had her interview the girls, like he did with his former Celebriality flame Bridgette Neilson last season. Having your ex flame, who still has "feelings" for you, give you a report on what she thinks of the other women vying for your affection is like asking Tom the cat to guard Jerry the mouse (all you 30+ folks can appreciate that reference, unless you've seen repeats on CN). Having her on though, I'm sure boosted his ratings for tonight, because there was nothing but drama from the moment she stepped in the house.

The true twist was when he gave New York a clock at the end of the show, which now puts her back in the competition a second time for Flave's "love". This is nothing more than a publicity stunt to boost her career (whatever that is) and to give the show better ratings. New York is so exxxxtttttrrrrraaaaa, it makes no sense. It's really hard for me to sit there and see how she acts and treats others on the show and already has me secretly wishing to see her test the wrong girl and catch a beatdown.

The funny Part
Buckwild, had a rough night on the show. New York was so rude to her when she was critiquing the girls and told her "you look like a fairy princess.........who resides over the pit of hell". That is the classic extraness of New York.

But the true shade is when Buckwild got caught slipping out of her ghetto vernacular "role" she's been playing up on the show. Flave picked up on it immediately and called her on it, which was so funny. She said she loses her ghetto accent when she gets upset, but shouldn't it be the other way around? The ghetto usually comes out when you get upset. Buckwild resigned from the show once she saw New York would be living in the house, which I wish she would have stayed, because she might have been the one to give New York that beat down. She said she just got off probation.........hmmmm, I wonder for what?

The whole energy in the house will most defintely change with New York being there again, which really isn't fair to the other girls because she has more history with Flave. Especially since she was runner up on last seasons show, but stay tuned, because the previews for the upcoming shows look like DRAMA!

Check out New York's My Space page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home