Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The 2 1/2 month Hiatus

So much has happened the past few months that there's no way I can summarize it all here, but there have been lots of positive things going on for me. Part of the reason I haven't blogged in so long is because I've been really busy and had a lack of motivation to write. But I'm baaaack!!!!

One of the highlights in my life since I last blogged is that I went to my family reunion during July 4th weekend. It was our 25th consecutive reunion, in which I have not done so well in getting to them all in my adult years. It was great to see all my family, and to see how big it's gotten with the younger generation. I also built stronger connections with some of my 2nd cousins, that oddly enough, I never really talked to all that much in past years, but something changed this year and that was a good thing. My partner went with me and everyone loved him. It was great to see that they were accepting and I didn't really feel any shadyness from them about me bringing him.

I have still been working as a therapist in the LGBT mental health center, which I enjoy greatly. I have been running a mental health support group there, which has been pretty successful so far. My full time job has been going well also and I have been busy with our new project. It's exciting being part of a creative, dedicated team of people that are working hard to make this a successful project. As you can see from the other post I have on here about the Philadelphia Health Department, that it's not always easy putting together a media-based intervention, and we want to make sure we develop something that will have a positive impact on the community.
The most exciting thing I have coming up is this weekend. My little sister is getting married. She is beautiful and I know she is going to be stunning on her wedding day. I have to head home tomorrow to help her prepare for the wedding. She says she's not stressed, but can't wait until all of it is over, so her life can go back to normal. I'm sure the day will turn out well and the weather is going to be perfect on that day. Finally the heatwave is over.

My involvement with the Black Gay Men's Leadership Council has been productive. I took the position of chairman of the group a couple of months ago, so I have invested a lot of time in helping the organization find it's direction. The post above illustrates some of the work we're doing in the Philadelphia community. We also have another Professional Black LGBT networking event next week, August 17th 5:30-7:30 at the Griffin Cafe' on the corner of Bank and Market Streets in Old City. If you're in Philly, stop through and socialize, it'll be a good time and there are no other events like it in the city, so we are breaking ground.

Keep checking in, I plan on posting regularly again, so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home