Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Entertaining Television

Noah's Arc
I just got through watching the 3rd episode of Noah's Arc and all I can say is drama! Well there wasn't that much drama until the end, when Alex was apologizing to Guy for being jealous of he and Tre's friendship. When Guy (apparently Gay Guy) hugged him and then said in his ear "wait 'til I take your man bitch!", I just about fell out! At first I thought Alex was dreaming, but I don't think that was the case. This is the kind of drama and suspense that Noah's Arc needed to boost it's ratings and likability this season.

Personally, I think the show is much better this season and I found myself rushing home tonight from my part time job to catch it. I missed last weeks episode, so I found myself going on iTunes to download it, instead of waiting for it to run again on Logo. I'm glad the story lines have improved and that there is more depth to the issues they are dealing with on the show. I like the flirting between Noah and Wade, that plants the seeds of a possible reconnection, but subtle enough that it leaves you wondering if it will really happen. I am glad that they aren't all of a sudden back together after one episode, which is how fast story lines seemed to move in the first season.

Fantasia Barrino movie
I surprisingly found myself liking her autobiographical movie "Life Is Not a Fairy Tail" that came on The Lifetime Channel the other night. Fantasia played herself in the movie, which I was a bit suspect about, but she did a good job I thought. She's a good actress and I like how they incorporated actual clips of her when she was on American Idol. Overall I enjoyed the movie and think she can have a future in acting. In most of the movie she had longer hair (weave), which I thought made her look better than with the short hair. I think the short hair makes her lips look bigger as well as her face. The longer hair tones both down to make her look.......well as cute as she's gonna get.

Kadeem Hardison played her father, and looked old. I know that's how they had him look in the movie for the role, but I suppose he hasn't really had many acting options since "A Different World" and "A Vampire in Brooklyn", which starred Eddie Murphy and the always ghetto fabulous "you gots to coordinate" John Witherspoon. Loretta Divine played her grandmother. I would have been offended if someone asked me to play the grandmother of someone who I'm only old enough to be their mother in real life. But I suppose that she hasn't really starred in any big movies since "Waiting to Exhale" so she's taking what she can get..........I ain't mad at that.

Surviors next season
Did you all hear that the next season of the hit CBS show Survivor will be splitting the teams along racial lines? That should be interesting to say the least. I don't really watch the show, but I always watch CBS's morning show before going to work and Harry Smith always does a recap of the previous nights show and interviews the most recent ousted member.

I think they are really gonna get the drama they're looking for this season on Cook Island. The races on the show will be a Black tribe, a White tribe, a Hispanic tribe and an Asian tribe. So is this a ploy to increase ratings by exploiting racial tensions that will no doubt rear their ugly heads on the show? The show's host Jeff Probst said on yesterday morning's Early Show

"the idea for this actually came from the criticism that Survivor was not ethnically diverse enough, because for whatever reason, we always have a low number of minority applicants apply for the show".

So I guess this move is to create an equal opportunity show? It'll be interesting to see how the next season of Survivor plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home