Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

When Life Hands You Lemons............

then make lemonade, as the old saying goes........ and that's just what I plan to do. Two weeks ago today was one of the worse days in my life. My relationship with my partner came to a screeching hault and then to make matters worse, I got in a car accident on the same day. Thank goodness, no one was hurt in the accident and I was not at fault for the accident, so hopefully it won't have any impact on my rates. The accident reminded me so much of those damn All State commercials on TV that show car crashes. I hate those commercials! The front of my car was pretty jacked up and not really drivable, so I was without a car for 2 weeks and boy did I miss not having it on the weekends. I decided not to bother with a rental for the weekends because I figured at the rate things were going, it would be just my luck to have something happen to the rental while it was in my possession.

I spun into an acute state of depression for a few days and was amazed at how fast life circumstances can change, for the better or worse. Unfortunately in this case, for the worse, but nothing that I won't get through with the support of family and friends.

So I have found myself back in the dating pool, which should be interesting. Between my two jobs and the work of the Black Gay Men's Leadership Council, much of my energy will be taken up, but all work and no play is not the way I plan to live. No time to sit around feeling sorry for myself, and in case anyone is wondering.......yes I am taking applications for meeting new people, hanging out and possibly casual dating......LOL, I have no shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home