Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

I am Being Honored and Other Life Events

I got word a few months ago that I was receiving the Leadership Achievement Award from The Attic Youth Center during their 15 year anniversary gala. This is the first award I have ever received from an organization, acknowledging my work in the community. The gala takes place in 2 weeks on November 15th at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Center City. One of the honorees with me will be Kelli O'Donnell, the wife of the icon Rosie O'Donnell. I have no idea if Rosie will be coming, but it would be fab to meet her! The gala ain't cheap, so I'm glad that I'm being honored so I don't have to pay for a ticket :-) Click here for more information on the gala.

On another note of positive news, I have been appointed to the Mayor's Advisory Board on LGBT Affairs. The board is responsible for providing advisement to the Mayor and his director of LGBT affairs, Gloria Casarez, on things we feel will improve the quality of life for Philadelphia's LGBT citizens. I am really psyched to be given this responsibility and am looking forward to some of the great things we will be able to do for LGBT Philadelphian's. So, if you are an LGBT Philadelphian and have anything you'd like to share with me about issues, concerns or ideas that you'd like to suggest, let me know. I'm not saying that I can make anything in particular happen, but if it is a good suggestion, I can bring it to the board.

Though mostly everything for me has been good, the one negative thing that has taken place in my life the past month is that my partner and I have split, so that makes me a single boy again. He's a wonderful man, but we just couldn't make it work. Not going into details here, but just sharing that aspect of my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lee,

It's Patty Hayes! Congratulations! They certainly picked a deserving person because it's not just what you've done in Philly but what you've done for the movement as a whole!! Go on with ya bad self!

love,
Patty

Monday, November 03, 2008 11:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home