Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Monday, September 15, 2008

My, My, How Time Flies!


As you can see from my last post, I've not posted anything on here in 4 1/2 months, but there is so much going on that I feel compelled to share my thoughts, even if hardly anyone sees them since I post so irregularly.

Overall, life has been good and I have had a number of great experiences since the beginning of the year. I taught 3 classes at Temple University this year, which has been an amazing experience. I taught in the graduate social work program and learned quite a bit about the subjects I taught and was inspired with how passionate and committed some of the students are to social work practice. Two other pieces of exciting news for me are that I have recently been selected to participate in a panel of experts to advise the Centers for Disease Control on a new social marketing campaign they are planning to develop for Black MSM. We had our first face to face meeting in Atlanta last week. The other event I'm proud of is that I am being honored by the The Attic Youth Center in November for my dedication to community service in Philadelphia's LGBT community. There are a couple of other things I may be involved in within the next few weeks, but they are not confirmed yet, so I can't share them publicly.

I hope to be able to post a little more regularly, especially since I have been so worked up about what is happening in our country politically, which is the subject of my next post. If there is anyone out there that happens to run across this, please check back in with me and hopefully I can get a fan base back.....LOL.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernie said...

Welcome back.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Absolutelee said...

Bernie, thanks for stopping by. I can always count on you to be one of the first to notice I made a post, after an extended hiatus. Thanks!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:44:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home