Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Phillies Win and the Fans Go Wild!



I got this photo from a co-worker and I thought it was really cute. It was utter chaos in this city first, when the Phillies won the national championship. I live in South Philly where all the sports stadiums are and on the night the Phillies won the national championship, I was coming home from a debate viewing party for the final debate between Obama and McCain. When I got off the train, there were hundreds of people lining the street where there was a makeshift parade, honking horns and boisterous fans. I just stood there for a while, wishing I had a camera to capture some of the energy as it really was refreshing. It is great to be in a city that has major league sports and even better when they win a championship, something that's been illusive to Philly teams for 25 years.

I was afraid to see what the city was going to be like if they actually won the superbowl.......ha, kidding, I know it's the World Series. Well they won and the fans went wild! They tore this damn city up! I went out that night downtown and the city was wild, people walking in the streets and obstructing traffic, honking horns, hundereds of people on the streets. When I got down to S Philly later that night, you'd have thought there was a riot down here. Apparently fans had been looting, because all the stores that are normally open weren't allowing people in to keep the stores safe. There was trash and glass everywhere. Cars had been damaged, especially some of the ones parked right on Broad Street.

Philly fans are off the hook! Too bad that at such a positive time for the city, the fans had to do so much damage to it. But hey, go Phillies, we are #1!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home