Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005


Did I already tell you.........

that I really don't like the Steve Harvey Morning Show? I have been trying to get into it, but I'm still having a hard time getting into it. part of the reason I listen to it in the morning is because I only get one other morning talk show program on my radio in the morning and that station has Star and Buckwild on it and I absolutely despise them. I'd take Steve Harvey over them any day!

Last Friday Steve Harvey did his show here in Philly, just a couple of blocks from where I work, so I went up there to see it live. He came with my girl Jacque Reid and his other host that he calls his nephew Tommy. It was my first time seeing Jacque in person and though I was kind of far from her, she looked quite beautiful in person. I did like how they interacted with the audience, but after about 15 minutes I was done with Steve's bufoonery (not sure I spelled that right). One of the things I don't like about his show is that he seems to make a big deal out of the fact that Jacque has a college education and apparently he doesn't. Several times I've heard him refer to her as "white lady". Black folks need to stop that nonsense of associating college educated Black folks with Whites. As if only Whites are educated. I think that Jacque should find a better gig. She's a classy lady, with a good reputation for her journalism skills. She doesn't belong on a show like Steve Harvey's.

Another bone I have to pick with him is that the past week or so he keeps referring to "The Down Low". Today he was talking with Anita Baker I think it was, and he said something about "Ain't nobody on the down low up in here, I'm all man". As far as I'm concerned, the hetero's can keep him, because he's nothing special to look at. It's interesting how Black comedians will often use homophobic jokes in their comedy routines and make money off of doing it, but be quick to distance themselves from any kind of real association with gay folks. Mr. Harvey is no exception, as one of the regular characters he features on his show called Eugene, who does birthday shoutouts talks in a stereotypically gay voice. But don't say anything that might challenge Mr. Harvey's manhood, 'cuz he'll make it clear that he's "all man".

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commercial radio just plain sucks. I haven't listened to it in years. I have a jazz station out of Newark, WBGO 88.3 FM, that I listen to religiously. They never insult my intelligence or offend their listeners.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:59:00 AM

 
Blogger Absolutelee said...

There is one Jazz station here to that I listen to sometimes. I think I just need to get a radio at work that gets better reception so that I can get other stations. I would prefer to listen to 100.3 The Beat here in Philly in the morning's, but I can't get it on my radio at work.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Absolutelee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Absolutelee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried listening to Tom Joyner on 107.9. That radio station started up approx a year ago and, I believe, the station is out of South Jersey. The music styling is similar to what Steve Harvey's Show offers.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Absolutelee said...

I haven't listened to his show in a while. He used to be on WDAS FM about a year ago and then they took him off that station and he moved to 107.9. When he moved from WDAS, they put Carter and Sanborn on, which I liked and miss them.

I think I may check out the Tom Joyner show again. I forgot that he had just switched stations here in Philly. However one of the things that keeps me listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show is Ms. Reid. I really like here and wish she had her own journalism show or something. Does anyone know if she does?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:28:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In reference to Tom Joyner the quote was "then they took him off that station and he moved to 107.9." It needs to be established that WDAS did not take him off, Radio One, which owns 107.9 bought 51% of the Tom Joyner show and they are the ones that moved him to the weaker signal strength 107.9.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:55:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:52:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:21:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:15:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 9:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home