Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005


3rd Annual Vibe Music Awards

I just got through watching the 3rd annual Vibe Music Awards, which went off without a hitch this year. Anyone who watched the show last year heard about the drama that unfolded backstage. This year Ciara opened up and I thought her performance was pretty good, though she was lip syncing. I think she's beautiful though and I do like her music and her body is hot! This year they honored Mary J Blige with a career achievement award, which I think she deserves. She is one of my favorite artists because she puts so much of herself in her music and she has been so honest about the trials and tribulations she's had in her life. She has shared about her past drug abuse and her involvement in a violent and unhealthy relationship with her ex boyfriend KC of KC and JoJo. Through it all she has remained true to her music and hasn't tried to hide her flaws.

I wasn't feelin' Ms, Keyshia Cole at all. What was with her attitude? She's a new artist who should be glad that she got an award for her first album. She made a shady remark against Ciara when accepting her award. I thought that was uncalled for and I have heard other reports of her diva like attitude, which can ruin a career, especially when you're not established yet. And what was with Ludacris wearing an outfit with the confederate flag on it? Or did my eyes deceive me (which is possible)?. I like Luda, partly because his music is fun, doesn't promote violence as much as most other hip hop artists and he's a good lyricist. He can rep the South all he wants, but I can't get with the wearing of the confederate flag outfit. I thought TI looked nice tonight, though he had to make sure he let everyone know that though he was dressed up, we shouldn't get it twisted, 'cuz he's still a thug.

Overall I thought the awards show was pretty cool and Ms. Carey walked away with several awards for her "Emancipation of Mimi" album. It was a good album so I think she deserved the awards she won. I wasn't overly excited about the 3rd annual Vibe awards, but I enjoyed it enough to tune in next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shavonne said...

I watched the first 20 minutes. I thought it was boring so I turned off my tv and started reading a book. I didn't know any of the artists anymore. I stopped listening to R&B/Rap ten years ago because of all the remakes and crap groups were putting out. I'd rather listen to the originals so my collection of old school is quite impressive. I'm not much for award shows except MTV movie awards. They pretty entertaining.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:51:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the awards were WWWWEAk...why can't we put something on with class? I'm certainly glad there was no gunfire, but does that mitigate planning an event that is inclusive of a matrix of music styles within the African-American musical culture?

Ciara was BEAUTIFUL and very refined. Yet, I'm excited that our people are still able to "bring it"...in 2005.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home