Hello to all who enter this Blog. This is Lee's Space, a place where I plan to share my thoughts and points of view with others and also provide resources that may be of interest to people. I hope something you find in Lee's Space will be useful.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Steve Harvey Morning Show: Next

I am so upset that they took Carter and Sanborn off of WDAS FM in Philadelphia and replaced them with the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I have never really thought that Steve Harvey was that funny and I certainly don't think he is a King of Comedy. I think people like Chris Rock are much funnier and talk more about social issues that are going on with Black people rather than merely mocking stereotypes of Black culture. Don't get me wrong, Chris Rock does some of this too, but he's funnier doing it he talks about some of the realities of racism and other social issues. I'm not sure why Carter and Sanborn were taken off the air so suddenly as they seemed to have a good following in Philly.

One of the redeeming qualities of the show is that one of my favorite Black news reporters Jacque Reid is a co-host. She used to work for the BET Nightly News and has apparently ventured off into other areas. I love the fact that she isn't only beautiful, but she is intelligent and carries herself with so much class and positive self regard.

My other favorite Black reporter is Rene Syler who is a host on The Early Show . I think she is another woman of color that presents herself well and is on top of her game. I'm glad they have both made it to national status and have successful careers.


I do wish that WDAS FM would bring back Carter and Sanborn or if not them, bring someone else in. They have had issues with that morning slot anyway. I think when I first moved to Philly a little over a year ago, Tom Joyner had his show at that slot, then they took him off and put Carter and Sanborn on. I suppose I can bare the Steve Harvey Show as long as he keeps my girl Jacque Reid around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:00:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:12:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home